You have been directed to this Policy because a company within the MeCan Group is collecting, using or disclosing your personal data.
In this Policy, when terms such as "we", "us" or “our" are used, such terms shall refer to company(ies) (within the MeCan Group) which is collecting your personal data, or which is operating the website which you are trying to access, accessing or trying to use or using.
This Policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and every and all the terms, conditions and notices in this Policy. If you do not agree, please cease usage of the relevant website(s) and / or service(s) and DO NOT proceed further NOR provide any personal data to us.
What personal data is collected
When you use our website, any service we provide or in your interaction with us, the personal data we may collect includes:
Data collected directly from you. This may be done through this website, over the phone, by email, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The data collected may include, but is not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing and / or delivery) address, birthdate and email address and, optionally, your telephone number. We need your e-mail address and (optionally) telephone number so that we may contact you if we have questions or information for you regarding your order or the service that we are providing or will provide to you;
- other information required to be able to process your order or to provide you with the service, such as information concerning the products you have ordered or the service we are providing to you, the billing and / or delivery address, banking and / or credit card details;
- if you have created an online profile or account, the preferences and interests stored in such profile or account (please see below for further information concerning the profiles); and
- if you have contacted customer service, the details of this contact and the contact history.
Data collected by automated means. Various technologies may be used on our website and our mobile or web-based applications in order to make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data does not generally, but may, contain a user's personal data. Examples of such technologies include:
Click-stream data. A visit to one of our websites results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data can include, in particular, the following:
- the visitor's IP address;
- the date and time of visit;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor came);
- the pages visited on our website;
- information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc.).
- Flash cookies. A particular form of cookie is the flash cookie. In contrast to normal cookies, these cookies are not created and saved by the web browser but are governed by the Adobe Flash plug-in. These can contain more information than normal cookies and cannot be deleted or disabled via the browser; this is only possible if you follow instructions available from the Adobe Flash Player website. You can also obtain more information about these cookies on that website.
- Web beacons and tracking links. Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) involve graphics that are not apparent to the user. Tracking links and / or similar technologies consist of a few lines of programming code and can be embedded in our website or our (mobile or web-based) applications. In conjunction with cookies, these are primarily used for statistical analysis purposes. This technology can also be used for tracking traffic patterns on websites, as well as finding out if an e-mail has been received and opened and to see if there has been any response.
- Web analytics. Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behaviour of visitors to websites and (mobile or wed-based) applications. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website or (mobile or wed-based) application, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. For these purposes, we primarily make use of click-stream data and the other techniques listed above. Web analytics are carried out by Google Analytics and/or other selected parties. You can find out more information about the processing of web analytics data by Google Analytics in paragraph 7 below.
- Click-stream data. A visit to one of our websites results in data that is transmitted from your browser to our server being automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on behalf of us. This data can include, in particular, the following:
- Data collected directly from you. This may be done through this website, over the phone, by email, or in person when you meet our staff or representatives. The data collected may include, but is not limited to:
How is the collected personal data used
We use your personal data for the purposes of serving you. This includes, where applicable:
- providing you with the products and services that you have requested e.g. notifying you regarding the status of your order or delivery, assessment of your creditworthiness (for which we may use third parties);
- ensuring that your transactions on our websites are safe and secure;
- providing you with a convenient shopping experience;
- contacting you for feedback after a sale of a product or service; and
- resolving any problems or disputes you may encounter in relation to our products and services.
We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to the business of the MeCan Group, such as:
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- enforcing obligations owing to the MeCan Group;
- researching and developing new products and services or improving existing products and services of the MeCan Group;
- accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; and
- staff training.
- Your personal data may also be anonymised for use by the MeCan Group for other purposes.
- If you have consented, your personal data may be used by the MeCan Group for the purposes of marketing products and services offered on the website or other products or services offered by the MeCan Group or those of its strategic partners or business affiliates e.g. informing you of our latest activities, special offers, promotions or sending you newsletters.
- In order for us to market products and services, which are of special interest and relevance to you, we may analyse and rely on your overall interaction with us (such as but not limited to your shopping behaviour in e-shops, your use of loyalty programmes, your ratings and reviews of products, your contact history with our customer service, your newsletter clicks / opening results, your surfing behaviour (web tracking), the newsletter types you are subscribed to, your participation in promotions or events, your interactions with us and your use of (mobile or web-based) applications).
- If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments, suggestions, we will use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you and provide you with the best service possible. If you are the complainant and you do not want us to disclose your identity to the party you are complaining about, you must let us know immediately. However, it may not always be possible to handle your complaint on the basis of anonymity.
- When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means.
- If we need to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given time and the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
- We use your personal data for the purposes of serving you. This includes, where applicable:
Disclosure of information
- We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
- We will only disclose your personal data to third parties where you have provided us consent and in the situations expressly set out in this Policy. If you have consented to receiving marketing information from us, our strategic partners and business associates, we will be disclosing your personal data to them.
- Your personal data may be disclosed and shared within the MeCan Group to allow us to provide the products and services which you have requested for.
We may disclose or share your personal data with third parties (including other companies within the MeCan Group) who provide necessary services to us, such as:
- service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency check and address check, etc.; and
- our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors, etc.).
- We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
- Our website may have the functionalities to allow you to share your personal data with other third parties such as other users of our website. You are responsible for your choice(s) and are deemed to have provided consent for any sharing of your personal data in the manner provided by the website.
- You fully understand and consent that we may transfer your personal data to any location outside of Malaysia for the purposes set out in this paragraph 3. When transferring your personal data outside of Malaysia, we will protect your personal data to a standard comparable to the protection accorded to your personal data under the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction, which has comparable data protection laws, or is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
This Policy only applies to our website and information that we collect from you. Our websites may contain links to other websites which are not owned or maintained by us. When visiting these third-party(ies) websites or disclosing your personal data to third parties (including buyers or sellers on our website), you should read their Privacy Policies thoroughly, or ask relevant questions before you disclose your personal data. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by such third parties.
- Our website and mobile or web-based applications may provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks (such as Facebook and Twitter). If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our website or via our mobile or web-based applications will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- If you are logged in on one of the social networks during the visit of one of our websites or mobile or web-based applications, the social network might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network. In case you do not wish such a data transfer, please log off on your social network before you enter one of our websites or mobile or web-based applications.
- We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the social plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
We endeavour to take precautions to ensure that the information you have provided to us is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held liable and / or responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE AND / OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY EVENT OR IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR FOR ANY LOSS OF REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF UNAUTHORISED OR UNINTENDED USE, ACCESS OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
Changes to this Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time without any prior notice whatsoever. The amended Policy will be made available and published on our website.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about our Policy, if you do not accept the amended Policy, if you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update or have access to your personal data, you are most welcome to contact us. Our contact details are as follows:
Attention to : Customer Service Department : email@example.com Telephone number : +603 – 7620 6797 Address : 501, PJ Tower, Amcorp Trade Centre, 18 Jalan Persiaran Barat, 46050 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- All requests for correction or for access to your personal data must be in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your request within thirty (30) days, and if that is not possible, we will inform you of the time by which we will respond to you.
- We may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
- Under many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services, which you require or have requested for. If you do not provide us with the required personal data or if you do not accept the amended Policy or withdraw your consent for our use and / or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or to provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested for.
- We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to the personal data, which we hold about you or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and shall only respond to your request after payment is received.
- If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about our Policy, if you do not accept the amended Policy, if you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update or have access to your personal data, you are most welcome to contact us. Our contact details are as follows:
This Policy is governed by the laws of Malaysia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian Courts in any dispute relating to this Policy.